International postsecondary student orientation is a fun and informative way for new international students to gain an introduction to Georgian and the community. Orientation helps students get acquainted with staff, faculty and peers. It also provides them with an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the campus and its services as well as have all their questions answered before school starts.
- Registration and check-in, Alumni Hall, 9 to 9:15 a.m.
- Student life and cultural awareness presentations, Alumni Hall, 9:15 to 10:45 a.m.
- Barrie Police safety in the community and Canadian law, Alumni Hall, 10:45 to 11 a.m.
- Community Connections session, Athletic Centre, 11 a.m. to noon OR noon to 1 p.m.
- Office of the Registrar, 2:30 to 3 p.m.
- Lunch, cafeteria (C Building), 11 a.m. to noon OR noon to 1 p.m.
- Timetable session, Library, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Student cards, Welcome Centre, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Games and activities night, Alumni Hall, 5 to 9 p.m.
- A series of workshops will be held in Alumni Hall, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
WHO: New international Georgian students beginning classes at the Barrie Campus
WHEN: Thursday, Jan. 7, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. AND Friday, Jan. 8, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Barrie Campus, One Georgian Dr., Barrie, ON.
NOTE: Classes resume for all international students on Monday, Jan. 11 at noon following the college-wide Orientation.