There were some concerns earlier today when a black bear was spotted in some backyards in southend Barrie.
Barrie Police now confirm the animal has left residential area of Marsellus Drive was seen going into forest area.
No injuries reported.
The MNR will be on call
Here are some tips from the Ministry of Natural Resources.
- turn your back on the bear
- kneel down
- make direct eye contact
- climb a tree
- retreat into water or try and swim — a bear can do these things much better than you
If it is a close encounter:
- wave your arms to make yourself look bigger
- throw objects
- blow a whistle or an air horn
- make noise to try and persuade the bear to leave
- prepare to use bear pepper spray