If you’re taking your kids out trick-or-treating tomorrow, make sure to keep some of these safety tips in mind.
- Children under 10 should be accompanied by an adult for trick or treating.
- Dress your child for cold weather. Add layers if you need to under their costume.
- If you’re letting your child go out with friends, put your child’s name, address and phone number on the costume.
- Don’t visit houses that are not well lit, and NEVER go inside a stranger’s house.
- Try not to have your kids eat candy before you get home. Look through the treats to make sure everything is okay. Any unwrapped candy toss in the garbage.
- Remember that some children have food allergies. Consider giving treats other than candy, such as stickers, erasers or a yo-yo.
- Drivers: Slow down especially in residential areas. There will be lots of kids out possibly dressed in dark clothing. Keep your eyes open.