A home on Glen Eton Road in Wasaga Beach was destroyed by a fire on the weekend. Fire crews were called to the home on Friday night, and say that all residents of the home were out safely before crews arrived but a pet cat died in the fire.
Fire Chief Mike McWilliam said the initial call said that the fire had started in a living room, but crews are still determining the source of the fire and its point of origin. One of the building’s tenants was a single mom with two young boys, and a crowdfunding campaign has been started to help the residents who had their homes destroyed just before Christmas. They are also asking anyone with boys’ clothes size 7-8 and 10 to donate, with drop off locations at The Pita Palace and Blue Shores Fish and Chips. You can visit the crowdfunding page here,