The City of Barrie will be performing snow removal operations beginning at 10 p.m. tonight (Monday, Dec. 19) and tomorrow (Tuesday, December 20). You will be required to remove your vehicles from metered parking. Follow through for the full list.
Dec. 19, 10 p.m. to Dec. 20 at 7 a.m., areas east of Bayfield St.:
- Dunlop Street East from Poyntz to Bayfield
- Codrington St. between McDonald St. and Mulcaster St.
- McDonald St. between Sophia St. E and Mulcaster St.
- Worsley St. between Bayfield St. and Mulcaster St.
- Collier St. between Bayfield St. and Berczy St.
- Clapperton St. between McDonald St. and Dunlop St.
- Owen St. between McDonald St. and Dunlop St.
- Mulcaster St. between Codrington St. and Dunlop St.
- Poyntz St. between Coller St. and Dunlop St.
Dec. 20, 10 p.m. to Dec. 21 at 7 a.m., areas west of Bayfield St. (including Bayfield St.):
- Bayfield Street (Wellington to Simcoe)
- Ross Street
- Park Street
- High Street
- Bradford Street
- Simcoe Street
- Toronto Street (Ross to Simcoe)
- Mary Street (Ross to Simcoe)
- Maple Avenue (Ross to Simcoe)
- Dunlop Street West (Eccles to Bayfield)
This operation will involve rolling road closures, which will be coordinated by Barrie Police and City staff. All vehicles should be removed from metered parking by 6 p.m. tonight (Dec. 19) and tomorrow (Dec. 20). Vehicles that are not removed by this time will be ticketed and towed.
Snow lift operations in the downtown area are an essential part of the City’s efforts to keep the streets clear and passable for residents, as well as emergency vehicles. For more information about snow removal, visit www.barrie.ca/Snow.