Here’s a convenient list of what is open and closed this holiday Monday!
- Municipal and provincial offices (Barrie City Hall)
- Georgian Mall
- The Beer Store
- Most grocery stores and drug stores
- Federal offices
- Passport offices
- Canada Post
- Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket
- Cookstown Tanger Outlets
- Vaughan Mills
- Barrie: Sunday schedule – Visit www.barrie.ca/TransitNotices for details.
- York Region: Sunday schedule
- GO Transit: Saturday schedule
- Orillia: No transit service
- Midland: No transit service
There will be no garbage, organics, or recycling collection on Family Day in Barrie. Collection during the week of this holiday will occur ONE day later for the remainder of the week. Visit www.barrie.ca/CurbsideCollection for details.
Parking: Downtown parking (on-street and lots) is free on all statutory holidays. Waterfront parking is enforced 24/7/365; residents must display their permits and visitors are required to pay $3/hour (daily maximum: $15). Visit barrie.ca/Parking for details.