A mom of three from Australia with a latex allergy, claims she almost died at Adele’s concert after hundreds of balloons fell from the ceiling.
According to 7 News, Pooja Newman was in the crowd when hundreds of balloons covered in a latex powder dropped above her. She went into anaphylactic shock and felt her lips swelling and she couldn’t breathe. She was rushed to a hospital where she’s been recovering in ICU for the last two days.
Pooja’s family said,
“It’s a well known occupational allergy, using latex gloves you’ll notice a lot of that has been phased out in hospitals. We could have lost her”
The stadium where Adele performed and where the incident occurred released a statement that said Pooya’s incident was handled in “exemplary fashion”.