We’re in the middle of the long weekend and Police are out and about setting up RIDE programs.
As of Saturday evening, police stopped around 900 vehicles.
- 28 people were drinking and were tested roadside.
- 2 drivers arrested for possession of a controlled substance
- 2 drivers were in the WARN range and had their license suspended for 3 days
- 2 drivers charged with having open liquor in the car
- 2 drivers charged for driving while prohibited under the
Criminal Code for previous Impaired driving convictions
- 27 other drivers were charged with offences including, driving while using
a hand held device, speeding, failure to use seat belt and no insurance.
Officers will continue to monitor the cottage routes as the long weekend
continues, and remind all drivers to drive safely and don’t drink and