It started a couple weeks ago when “Wilbbur” was going for a walk with his owners at the Sunnidale Dog Park. When they got home he started to have difficulty walking, startling easily and also urinating uncontrollably.
Then on the weekend another dog was sent to the hospital after a walk in the park. “Bandit” a Husky-Sheppard mix got really sick after the dog ingested marijuana.
Vets warn all pet owners to be extra cautious when walking their dog in the dog park. The city of Barrie, by the way, has checked the park for drugs but didn’t find anything.