The Orillia OPP responded to reports of shots being fired on Burnside Line in Severn Township on Wednesday afternoon.
56 year old Richard Jarvis of Severn Township faces five weapons charges after a report of shots being fired here Wednesday afternoon.
Orillia OPP were sent to Burnside Line at 2:20 p.m. and were told by witnesses that a man had fired a gun at another man. The suspect was identified as the resident of the house police attended and a description was given to police.
As a result of the investigation police have charged Jarvis with:
- Careless Use of a Firearm, section 86(1) of the Criminal Code
- Assault with a Weapon, section 267(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possess Weapon for Dangerous Purpose, section 88(1) of the Criminal Code
- Utter Threats to Cause death, section 264.1(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Discharge firearm – Recklessness, section 244.2(1)(b) of the Criminal Code
The Orillia OPP continues to investigate this incident. If anyone witnessed this or has information regarding the circumstances they are encouraged to contact the Orillia OPP at 705-326-3536 or 1-888-310-1122.