I can count the number of times I’ve sent back food at a restaurant on 1 hand. I don’t do it very often because I’m usually (always) very hungry and will eat pretty much anything. But there are situations where it’s totally okay to send the food back.
According to Thrillest.com, here are the 5 “legit reasons to send back food at a restaurant.”
1. Your food has a foreign object in it. If you see something like hair, dust, bugs or something that’s clearly NOT supposed to be in your meal, send it back.
2. Your food has something you’re allergic to in it. If you asked for no tomatoes because you’re allergic and they added tomatoes, send it back.
3. You receive the wrong menu item. You ordered spaghetti and for some reason they brought out a medium-rare steak… Send it back.
4. Your meal is either overcooked, undercooked or burned. For example, If you ordered a well done steak and they bring you one that looks like it hit the hot pan for a good 2 seconds… Send it back.
5. Your food came out at the wrong temperature. If it’s supposed to be hot and it’s cold, send it back. If it’s supposed to be cold and it’s hot, send it back.
When was the last time you had to send food back?