Snow Squalls are moving in to our area Thursday afternoon into Friday. And with them could come upwards of 15 centimeters of snow.
OPP have some tips for you to get your car and your driving habits in check for the winter weather:
Get Your Vehicle Ready:
- Have an ice-scraper or snow brush in your vehicle.
- Keep your windshield washer fluid topped up and keep an extra container in your vehicle.
- Keep your fuel tank at minimum half full in case you get stranded and to prevent condensation from developing in the tank.
- Keep an emergency kit in your vehicle. Things like water, non-perishable food, flashlight, blanket, warm clothes, jumper cables, shovel, candles, and a lighter or matches.
- And of course winter tires are probably a good idea!
Adjust Your Driving Habits:
- Drive for the conditions
- Keep your headlights on during the day and evening throughout the winter months
- Leave extra space between vehicles
- Monitor road and weather conditions before heading out
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination
- Never pass a snow plow and keep a safe distance back from maintenance equipment when you see blue flashing lights